Here you will find sample wordings for all the common
enclosures found in wedding invitations:
Putting Your Invitations Together
The insertions go in the following order (from bottom to top):
- Tissue paper is placed over the invitation to ensure against smudging.
- The invitation is placed in the inside envelope, fold-side down and face-side toward the flap.
- All enclosures are placed inside the inside envelope on the top of the invitation.
- Response cards are placed inside their own envelopes, and then placed inside the inside envelope.
- The inside envelope is placed in the outer mailing envelope face-side toward the flap.
Wedding R.s.v.p. Tip!
Number your guest list, and then number the response cards
somewhere inconspicuously (on the back or inside if they are
folded) in pencil with numbers that correspond to your guest
list. If you receive back an R.s.v.p. that is blank
(believe it or not, people forget to write their name in all
the time), you will know exactly who it is from by cross
referencing the number to your guest list!
For additional resources, select one of the options below: